Tennessee Recruiters Association
TRA is a non-profit trade association, developed exclusively for third party recruitment firms; we are professionally active, organized to serve its members through industry-specific educational workshops designed to teach current trends and skills relative to the staffing and recruiting industry.
- Workshop events: quarterly, speaker-led meetings include lunch
- Informal collaborative gatherings: monthly, informal exchanges of best and current practices within the industry; free.
- Annual training conference: Nationally recognized elite performers with in the industry. Highest level of training and skill development becomes accessible to the individual and firms.
TRA is the Tennessee affiliate chapter of NAPS, (National Association of Personnel Services); our meetings support your firm’s recruiters achieve professional certification.
Next Monthly Member Meeting on March 27th, 11:30am @ Vanderbilt Health at 100 Oaks
Topic: The Push-Pull Principle:
What it is and how you can use it for more effective candidate management
At the close of his presentation at the TRA Conference, Jon Bartos laid out “10 Steps You Must Take To Make A High Demand Talent Market Work For You.” His number one step was “Get to know your candidate.” That can be challenging in today’s fast-paced market.
At our March 27 meeting, John Borrowman will discuss the Push-Pull Principle and how you can use it as a lens for making a sharper diagnosis of your candidate’s motivations and, by extension, smarter decisions about how much time and effort you invest in managing and placing that candidate. John will also talk about how this approach to candidate engagement can put you on firmer footing so you minimize candidate “ghosting.”
$20.00 Regular Member Pricing
$35.00 Non-Member Pricing
Reasons to Join TRA
- Stay current on laws and best practices
- Network with your peers
- Support of NAPS Certification
- Receive continuing education
- Obtain credibility in the market place
Certification and Continuing Education
Regular Meeting Location
Monthly meetings are held at Vanderbilt Health in 100 Oaks Mall. Click CONTACT above for map and detailed directions. TRA will meet at 100 Oaks/Vanderbilt Medical Group in the first floor conference room -- enter through entrance D which is at the middle of the front of the mall (see picture on the website); conference room is behind the escalator and stairway. Monthly meetings are typically held on the 4th Wednesday each month. Watch the calendar and emails for announcements and any changes.